SPECTACULAR VIEWS FROM THE 'MOON': The Chandrashila Summit
A wonderful Himalayan trek for first-timers.
Chopta Chandrashilla trek 4 days/ 4 nights.
Chandrashila is the summit of the Tungnath. It literally means "Moon Rock". Located at a height of about 4,000 metres (13,000 ft) above sea level and associated with some mythological legends, the summit offers spectacular views on the mighty Himalayas.
This is a beautiful trek and for first-timers this trip is a great way to discover the joys of trekking in the Himalayas.
Start with an overnight camp along the beautiful Devariyatal lake, trek through lush forests to Chopta, then climb a pilgrim trail to the famous Tungnath temple.
Then, if you feel up to it, go for the nearby Chandrashila peak which is the highest point in the area, and enjoy some spectacular 360 degree views with the stunning Kedarnath range to the north.
After a short but steep walk across an escarpment which lies behind Sari, we arrive at the beautiful lake of Devariayatal, surrounded by forests, with the mighty Chaukhamba in clear view.
The next day we trek across the intervening ridges clothed in thick forests to Chopta (3000m) where we camp in a lovely open meadow. The climb from Chopta to Tungnath goes along a concrete pilgrim pathway with thickets of rhododendron on all sides and clear views of the Kedarnath range all the way.
After exploring the famous Shiv Temple of Tungnath, one has the option of climbing to the nearby summit of Chandrashila before returning to Chopta.
Day 01: Overnight train to Haridwar
Day 02: Drive Haridwar to Sari and trek to Devariyatal
Day 03: Trek Devariyatal to Chopta (3000m)
Day 04: Trek Chopta to Tungnath (3470m) and then onto Chandrashila Top (3700m) and back
Day 05: Drive Chopta to Haridwar. Board evening train to Delhi
This trek combined with a two-day rafting expedition on the Holy Ganga becomes a perfect trek n raft holiday. River Ganga is famous for its big volume class III rapids which are fun on any day.
HOW TO BOOK:
Please mail us for a detailed itinerary and exact cost.
Prices start from Rs 40,000/- per person* (around €545/- or $590/-)
*based on twin sharing
HOW TO BOOK:
Please mail us your details and we will send you the detailed itenerary and cost.
Tour duration is 5 days, from 12 to 16 November 2016. This tour is developed for a group, but can be done for individuals on request. Group size minimum 4 people, maximum 16. Program starts and ends in Delhi.
- All travel from New Delhi Railway Station till Old Delhi Railway Station at the end of the trip.
- 2nd A/C class on trains and non-AC SUV cars.
- All accommodation on twin sharing basis in tents.
- All meals from breakfast on Day 2 till dinner on Day 4.
- Professional guide fee, camping fee, sanctuary fee.
- Tents, mattress and all group camping gear.
- All trekking arrangements with India’s most experienced guiding team, camp staff, cook etc.
- Includes 3.625% tax (Service tax & Clean India Cess)
- Sleeping bag & Personal Trekking Gear. (Sleeping bag available on rent for INR 800 for the whole trip)
- Any arrangements in Delhi
- Expenses of personal nature like laundry, phone calls, alcohol, cigarettes, camera fee
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather, landslides, road conditions and any other circumstances beyond our control.
Read more about our payment and cancellation policy, and other useful information in our ‘before you travel’ section.